PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM) - The Phenix City School District invited the public to attend a forum that will focus on students and the cyber world.
The forum took place at the Professional Development Center Tuesday, March 6 at 9:30 a.m. EST. The event was presented by Special Agents Jake Frith and Bobby Moore.
"It lets them know what to look for and what to be aware of so they can know if something is wrong with their child. They might need to step in and not only talk with their child but get law enforcement involved as well," says Frith.
The following topics were covered:
- How quickly children are contacted by non-age appropriate predators on the internet
- Phone applications students are using today, how the apps work, and what parents need to know
- How parents can be involved in their children’s social media life while giving them the space to be independent
- Indicators your child is a victim
- Reminder to treat your child as a victim and not as a suspect
- Laws pertaining to the cyber world and students
- Case examples
- Question and answer session
The Professional Development Center is located at 1700 16th Ave. N., Phenix City, AL.