Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Growing Room different from other child care centers?
Growing Room is more like a private school for young children rather than a "day care center." We believe the time children spend with us is precious...we don't just "watch children."
We have marvelous opportunity each day to enrich children's lives through building positive relationships, building knowledge through our own stimulating curriculm, teaching respect for others and traditional values, teaching self-help skills and self-control, and creating a working partnership with parents.
* The owner of our company is involved...and on-site. Decisions are made quickly that benefit our children.
* Our parents are our partners! "Parents on Board," our parent advisory group, meets monthly.
* Our own full-time registered nurse works daily with parents and staff to assess/improve health and safety practices.
* Our degreed Education Program Director creates an enriching learning environment and assists our teachers with lesson plans, child assessments and serves as a valuable resource for our parents.
* Our early childhood literacy program and the introduction of phonics forms a foundation for a life-long love of reading.
* Our computer technology program offers experiences for children as young as 18 months. Preschoolers learn hands-on creativity as they print their creations.
* Growing Room greatly exceeds the minimum standards required by the State of Georgia in child care centers.
* Our food service program is the best in town. Homemade biscuits and Chicken with Dumplings are two of our specialties.
* We value our parents and invite open communication with you. We want the same thing you do...a happy, secure child who thrives on learning, loves to read, is respectful of others, demonstrates good manners, and like The Little Engine That Could, believes "I think I can. I think I can."
Is Growing Room a franchise or "chain" operation?
No, Growing Room is a local company that was created in 1988 by a pediatric nurse. She also was a single mother who had experienced poor quality child care in the Columbus area during her son's infancy and preschool years. After 12 years in operation, Sheree Mitchell, R.N. remains involved in the daily Center operations, participates in many community service activities, and remains the visionary for our company.
What extracurricular activities are offered?
Dance classes, including ballet, tap, and jazz, are offered weekly through Civic Dance Company. Children may participate in these classes beginning at 2 years old. A Spring Dance recital is held each year. The cost of instruction is $25 per month and is payable to Civic Dance Company.
Spanish classes are also offered twice weekly for children beginning at 2 years old. Children are taught age appropriate words, songs, and fingerplays. Spanish art, pinatas, and more are also included. The cost is $20 per month.
For more information, or to enroll your child at the Growing Room, call 596-1510 today.
For kids to grow, the place to go...is Growing Room
Have questions concerning care for your child? Click here to email your questions to our Child Care Expert, Growing Room.More >>