Baby Burned by Hot Grease

December 5, 2007

Columbus (WTVM) -- Columbus public safety workers made a stunning discovery at a home early Wednesday.  A one-year-old child had been burned in the face, during the midnight hour.

It happened around 12:45 a.m. at 2702 Garden Drive.  The baby's grandmother reported the baby was burned in the face.  Police say it was the result of hot grease, apparently from the kitchen.

Officers don't plan to file charges for now.  "There's nothing to it," a sergeant told News Leader 9.  But a nearby resident tells us it may have resulted from a family quarrel, saying the parents have a history of arguing.

Producer R. Burkard and Videographer Carla Standridge