TIPS FOR STAYING HYDRATED
- Have something to drink when you first get up in the morning.
- Carry a plastic water bottle with you during work hours and when you are away from home for long periods of time.
- Try to drink something before, during and after exercising, especially in hot weather. Drink water every 15 minutes as you exercise.
- Remember to drink before you get thirsty.
- Try to limit caffeinated and sugary beverages and alcohol.
- Monitor your fluid intake, factoring in foods. Most of what we eat contains some water, especially fruits and vegetables.
- Keep a glass, cup or plastic bottle of water next to your bed.
Watch for signs of dehydration, including; fatigue, headache, nausea, and light-headedness.