Here are some tips for staging your home to sell.
* Great internet photos are critical right now. Due to gas prices and the volume of homes for sale, more and more buyers are searching the internet. Thus, you want the photos to show like a model home and to lure buyers to actually view the property.
* You rarely get a second chance to make a good first impression, therefore you want to ensure that once you get them inside the door, WOW them. In other words, you want them to be ready to make an immediate offer for fear of the property getting sold!
* Misconception-Home Staging is costly. Let's put it this way, it's a fraction of a price reduction. Staging is an investment. Staging doesn't cost; it pays!
* The way you live and the way you market your home are totally different. Homeowners toend to miss things that would be distractions to buyers as we live there day to day. For those sellers on budget or want to do the work themselves, have them hire a stager to do a consultation.
* Home staging allows a property to appeal to the masses. It allows the potential buyer to envision living in the space instead of walking away confused as to where they would place their belongings. Sellers need to remember that they are selling their space, not their stuff.