LEE COUNTY, AL (WTVM) - After tornadoes heavily impacted several areas Sunday in the Chattahoochee Valley, organizations and businesses are stepping up to help those in need.
Organizations throughout Lee County are accepting donations of perishable and nonperishable items, food, and volunteers.
See donation drop off locations and volunteer opportunities below:
- Greater Peace Baptist Church, located at 650 Jeter Avenue in Opelika, AL - Perishable supplies
- Church of the Highlands Dream Center, located at 1103 North Donahue Drive in Auburn, AL - Any supplies (diapers, water, granola bars, baby formula, baby wipes, hygiene products)
- Goree’s Furniture, located at 3797 AL-169 in Opelika, AL - Any furniture and can be picked up if needed (334) 742-0607
- Providence Baptist Church, located at 2807 Lee Road 166 in Beauregard, AL - Food
- Chambers County Schools collecting donations to fill a tractor trailer with items
- East Alabama Medical Center
- First Baptist Church, located at 301 8th Street in Opelika, AL - Various supplies, including tarps, work gloves, rakes, diapers, baby wipes and formula, soap, shampoo and other hair products, deodorant, feminine products, other toiletries, and cleaning supplies, and all size/age/gender underwear
- Red Cross: Donate or volunteer with East Alabama Red Cross Chapter by calling (334) 749-9981
- Samaritain’s Purse: Donate or volunteer on their website.
- Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 800 2nd Avenue in Auburn, AL - All supplies
- St. Ellis Full Gospel, located at 5267 US-80 in Opelika, AL between 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- The Bridge Church, located at 1000 Lee Road 263 in Cusseta, AL accepting donations from 3/5/2019-3/9/2019 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Lakeside Church of God, located at 3295 Lee Road 54 in Opelika, AL accepting donations Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
For monetary donations, the Community Foundation of East Alabama has been set up for tornado victims. Call 334-7440-1020 for more information, or email email@example.com.
Firs Baptist Church in Opelika is also accepting monetary donations. Text RELIEF to 43506 for instructions to be sent to your phone.
WTVM has partnered with the Red Cross to raise donations for those affected by the storms. You can donate HERE.