(WTVM) - When disposing of prescription medication, even if it is expired, there are several steps and protocol you have to take. If you don’t want to deal with those, you can participate in National Drug Take Back Day and let organizations worry about it for you.
National Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, Apr. 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Locations where you can participate in National Drug Take Back Day include:
- AMC Classic Ritz 13, located at 1683 Whittlesey Rd.
- Sam’s Club, located at 5448 Whittlesey Blvd.
- Our Home Pharmacy, located at 2320 Moores Mill Rd.
Chambers County, AL
- Walmart, located at 3501 20th Ave. in Valley, AL
- Lanett Police Department, located at 401 N. Lanier Ave. in Lanett
- Chambers County Courthouse, located at 2 South LaFayette St. in LaFayette
Lee County, AL
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office, located at 1900 Frederick Rd. in Opelika
Phenix City, AL
- CVS Pharmacy, located at 1430 US Hwy. 280 Bypass
- Phenix City Police Department headquarters, located at 1111 Broad St.
Randolph County, AL
- Walmart, located at 4180 US-431 in Roanoke
Smiths Station, AL
- Government Center, located at 2336 Lee Rd. 430