COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Whitewater season is almost upon us in the Chattahoochee Valley and Uptown Columbus is kicking off with their annual RiverFest Weekend.
RiverFest is sponsored by Salt Life and happens on May 3 and 4 at Woodruff Park and the RiverWalk in Columbus and Phenix City.
“This event is for everybody in the community,” said Rebecca Zajac, vice president of marketing and community relations for Uptown Columbus Inc. "Everybody is welcomed to come, dogs, kids, families please bring them out here. It’s just a great way to spend the weekend and again, you can’t get a better backdrop than the Chattahoochee River, and we have the playground and the splash pad and plenty of activities for the whole family.
Events kick off Friday, May 3 at 5:00 p.m. They’ll wrap up for the night at 10:30 p.m. before kicking back off at 11:00 a.m. the next morning. RiverFest Weekend will reach its conclusion at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 4.
The event lineup for the free event is as follows:
Friday, May 3
- 5:00 p.m. - Food vendors, arts and craft vendors and beer vendors open
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Live music by Mango Strange
- 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. - Live music by 42 - Coldplay Tribute
Saturday, May 4
- 11:00 a.m. - Food vendors, arts and craft vendors and beer vendors open
- 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Paddle Board Championship
- 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - The Tyler Neal Band
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - PTAP Car Show in the parking lot of the Phenix City Amphitheater
- 4:00 p.m. 7:00 p.m. - Live music by Bob Marley Tribute
- 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. - Live music by Angie Kelihauer
Whitewater Express will also be doing $25 rafting trips down the river all weekend long.
For more information on RiverFest, click here.