COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - Enrichment Services Inc. will accept appointment calls for cooling (electricity) assistance in Muscogee County this month.
On Monday, May 20 at 9 a.m., appointment calls will be accepted for Muscogee County residents aged 65 or older and those homebound.
For households to be deemed homebound, all household members must have disabilities confining them to the home. The household members must also be unable to apply for energy assistance because of a medical condition which qualified the persons for home services.
A senior household is a household where every person that lives in the home is 65 years old or older, with the exception of children under the age of 18 years old living in the home.
All applicants will be seen at 2601 Cross Country Drive Bldg. C Columbus, Georgia.
Applicants must bring the following information to their appointment:
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for each person in the household
- Last/current month’s heating bill for the household
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Current proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status (state issued picture identification (ID) such as: driver’s license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If receiving SSI, Social Security, Pension, VA Benefits, or Worker’s Compensation the 2019 award letter is required.
To make an appointment, call 706 940-4033.