Small electrical fire damages attic of LaGrange home on Payne St.

Small electrical fire damages attic of LaGrange home on Payne St.
Electrical fire on Payne St. in LaGrange causes damage to attic (Source: City of LaGrange)

LAGRANGE, Ga. (WTVM) - Fire crews in LaGrange were able to keep damage to a minimum as they quickly extinguished a house fire on Payne St.

The LaGrange Fire Department was dispatched to the 700 block of Payne St. on Feb. 10 at 8:34 a.m. to reports of a structure fire.

Firefighters on scene saw light smoke coming from the residence and was able to locate a small fire in the attic.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and keep damage to a minimum. Damage to the home and its contents is estimated to be $2,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.

No injuries were reported in this case.

Copyright 2020 WTVM. All rights reserved.