COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - The cause of a massive fire at a Columbus apartment complex that left several families displaced has been determined.
The fire at Whisperwood Apartments was determined to be accidental and associated with an undetermined electrical problem, according to Columbus Fire Chief Ricky Shores.
The area of the origin of the fire was determined to be an upstairs apartment near the exterior wall and porch area.
The fire happened Dec. 23 and left 17 families without a home. Residents reported no injuries.