Braves vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 9
The Atlanta Braves (38-24) will aim to keep a five-game win streak going when they host the Washington Nationals (25-36) at 7:20 PM ET on Friday.
The Braves will give the ball to AJ Smith-Shawver and the Nationals will counter with Josiah Gray (4-5, 3.09 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSE
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Smith-Shawver - ATL (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs Gray - WSH (4-5, 3.09 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Nationals Player Props|
|Braves vs Nationals Odds|
|Braves vs Nationals Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Nationals|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: AJ Smith-Shawver
- Smith-Shawver has been named the starter for the Braves and will make his first start this season.
- This will be the first MLB start for the 20-year-old right-hander.
- He has pitched to a .00 ERA this season with 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across one games.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- The Nationals are sending Gray (4-5) to make his 13th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 3.09 ERA and 55 strikeouts through 67 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the right-hander threw 5 1/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.09, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .245 batting average against him.
- Gray has five quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gray has put up 11 starts this season where he pitched five or more innings.
- He has had one outing this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The 25-year-old's 3.09 ERA ranks 20th, 1.418 WHIP ranks 55th, and 7.4 K/9 ranks 53rd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Josiah Gray vs. Braves
- He will take the hill against a Braves offense that is batting .265 as a unit (second in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .472 (second in the league) with 105 total home runs (third in MLB play).
- Head-to-head against the Braves this season, Gray has pitched five innings, giving up five earned runs on seven hits while striking out four.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.