Corey Jenkins pleads not guilty in 1st court appearance
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Following his arrest over the weekend in Clayton County, GA, alleged murder suspect Corey Jenkins appeared in front of a Columbus judge for a preliminary hearing Tuesday morning.
According to News Leader 9's Brittany Dionne who was in court Tuesday, said Jenkins pleaded not guilty on several counts.
His charges include:
- Possession of firearm during commission of a crime
- aggravated assault (two counts for each of the children that were inside of the home at the time of the murder)
- possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- third-degree cruelty to children (two counts)
- first-degree home invasion
- first-degree burglary
While he was not given a bond amount for the murder charge, the rest of the bond amounts for the other additional charges totals up to $280,000.
Jenkins is one of seven suspects accused of being involved in the shooting death of Lacosta Williams in on Oct. 27.
Six others, including Jenkins' girlfriend, have been charged in connection with Williams' death.
Stay tuned to News Leader 9 and WTVM.com for more information as this story develops.
Copyright 2014 WTVM. All rights reserved.