Mayor Teresa Tomlinson gives State of the City address Tuesday
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce hosted the Mayor's State of the City Address.
This will be the fourth annual Mayor Teresa Tomlinson State of the City address in the ballroom at the Convention and Trade Center.
Mayor Tomlinson reviewed the Columbus' accomplishments in 2014 and outline her agenda for 2015.
There were more than 300 registered attendees, as well as a raised platform with interview opportunities with Mayor Tomlinson and several other community leaders.
The mayor also listed 19 accomplishments the city achieved in 2014. Among them include:
- Unanimously passed a "prudent" $263 million budget
- Passed comprehensive employee healthcare reform, saving taxpayers $4.5 million a year
- Instituted workers compensation administrative reform, saving nearly $400,000 a year
- Continued reduction in unemployment rate, now at 7.3 percent, with 1,300 jobs added through November 2014; mayor says that equals 400 more jobs than in 2013
- Opened a dual zip-line course across the Chattahoochee River with our partners in Phenix City, AL
- Recieved 255 housing unit vouchers on behalf of our city partner Home For Good through the Zero: 2016 Initiative, which seeks to help end veteran and chronic homelessness outright by December 2015
Copyright 2015 WTVM. All rights reserved.