COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Muscogee County School District has announced a schedule of 11 public forums to take place leading up to the March 17 vote on the SPLOST proposal.
The following the public forums, the superintendent will compile citizen feedback and present to the Board of Education.
- Thursday, Jan. 29 - Downtown Elementary Magnet, 1400 First Ave. at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 3 - Kendrick High School, 6015 Georgetown Dr. at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10 - Spencer High School, 4340 Victory Dr. at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 12 - Fort Middle School, 2900 Woodruff Farm Road at 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 13 - Columbus Museum, 1251 Wynnton Rd. at 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 17 - Shaw High School, 7579 Raider Way at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24 - Northside High School, 2002 American Way at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 26 - Arnold Magnet Middle School, 2011 51 St. at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3 - Gentian Elementary School, 4201 primrose Rd. at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5 - Dorothy Height Elementary School, 1458 Benning Dr. at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10 - Columbus Public Library, 3000 Macon Rd. at 6 p.m.
The proposed 2015 SPLOST project list was proposed in December 2014 by education Superintendent Dr. David Lewis, who requested approval for a resolution authorizing a SPLOST referendum on March 17.
The school board approved the recommendation at a Jan. 20 meeting.