COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Columbus State University presidential search committee has narrowed down its list of potential candidates to five.
Students, faculty and staff were notified on the short list in an email that was sent out by the committee chair Dr. John Finley Wednesday morning. The candidates will begin to visit the campus in March.
The five candidates are:
- Dr. Randy Hanna (former Chancellor, Florida College System)
- Dr. Al Romero (former Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Southern Illinois University)
- Dr. Chris Markwood (Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University)
- Dr. Carl Stockton (Provost and Senior VP for Academic Affairs, University of Houston)
- Dr. Jose-Marie Griffiths (VP for Academic Affairs, Bryant University)
Dr. Tom Hackett is currently the interim president of CSU; he was previously the provost and vice president for academic affairs before becoming the Interim President in January 2015.
The first candidate will arrive on campus on March 1. For more information on the search for the next President of CSU, click here.