Flood-related road closures across the Chattahoochee Valley
(WTVM) – Law enforcement and emergency management agency officials tell News Leader 9 that multiple major flooding issues all throughout West Georgia and East Alabama are affecting travel.
Some roads and areas that are being affected are:
- Macon Rd. between the Woodruff and Farmington areas
- Parts of Forrest Rd.
- Cooper Creek Park
- Lakebottom Park
- Cherry Drive Bridge and 11th Avenue Bridge in Lanett, AL
- Auburn University Golf Club
- Oakland Park in Columbus
- Chaulla Creek in Eufaula, AL
- Mclendon Road in Fort Mitchell, AL
- Fortson, GA off 219
- Brickyard Road in Phenix City, AL
- Highway 29 between Lanett and West Point
MOBILE USERS: You can view a slideshow of flooding and road damage from across the Chattahoochee Valley by clicking here.
For a complete list of road closures and to report a road concern in Alabama, click here to visit the Alabama Department of Transportation's website.
Click here for an interactive map of road conditions-closures in Georgia.
Georgia Power repaired damage and restored power; for a list of power outages in the area click here.
You are advised to stay at home and not venture out unless you absolutely have to. Remember to turn around don't drown—if you see rain covering the roadway, do not try to cross it.
- Hwy 239 at mile marker 3 to 13.6 closed
- Hwy 51 at mile marker 50 to 51.2 closed
- Hwy 81 at mile marker 218 to 223 closed
- Hwy 82 is impassable in several locations
- Sr. 131 SB lane between MP 4 and 5
- Sr. 239 at mile marker 10 to 13.6 closed
- Jack Hightower road in Clayton and hwy. 239 are flooded.
- Co road 44 is blocked with debris
- Bridge at hwy. 239 and 27 has water over it
- Water is over County Road 49 at the state lake
- Bear Creek at hwy. 49 has water over the road. Road is believed to be completed washed away.
- 202 county road 44 and 27 has wind-blown debris and a creek that is starting to overflow the roadway
- County road 17 has a bridge that is been overtaken by the creek.
- Blue Spring State Park has water crossing the road going to the campsites. The campground is vacated and the park ranger has the facility closed.
In Barbour Co. the National Weather Service confirmed a tornado touched down around 4:37 a.m. near Highway 239, which is near the Boot Hill community. No word on damage from the tornado as this point.
- US Hwy 29 South toward Troy has a sink hole.
- Co. Rd. 53 washed out. Avoid the area
Not all of the roads below are closed but officials stress to use extra caution when traveling on these roadways.
- CR 470
- CR 474
- CR 415
- CR 359
- CR 349
- CR 326
- CR 305
- CR 315
- CR 215
- CR 233
- CR 239
- CR 114
- CR 138
- CR 148
- CR 420 - Washed out
- Highway 14 near mile marker 216 is currently closed.
- Chadwick Lane in Auburn is currently closed due to washed out roads.
- Lee Road 188, south of LR 393
- Lee Road 42
- Lee Road 56 at the 2700 block?
- Cunningham Drive closed due to busted dam.
- Wallace St at South Long St
- Columbus Pkwy at 4th St.
- West Point Pkwy at SUSCC
- India Rd at Pine Haven
- Marvin Pkwy at Railroad bridge
- Shelton Mill Rd at the Opelika city limits near Hwy 280
- Rocky Brook at Hilcrest
- Oak Bowery due to sink hole.
- CR. 53 (Wire Road) impassible. Closed as of 1:50 p.m.
- CR 59 Road washed out.
- CR 30 one lane blocked
- CR 32 blocked
- CR 20 blocked
- CR 2 blocked
- CR 27 one lane blocked
- CR 67 road is under water, blocked
- Halfway road blocked
- Radar Station blocked
- Red Creek road blocked
- Rest area northbound on I-85 between MP43 and MP44 closed due to water pipes repair until further notice.
- CSX is working on a section of railway near County road 27. One train remains stopped in that location.
- Several main bridges have been washed out: Washington Ave. and CR 30.
- Truck Route 81 aka Chappy James Road around Tuskegee is closed due to flooding.
Officials are currently working to fix Co.65, Barley Lane, Mobile Ave., Ashe Lane and Alexander Villa. County officials say that many of the dirt roads have not been assessed but they are working to check them as fast as they can. Many driveways have spilt materials (dirt ect.) onto paved roads, so some of the roads are difficult to travel on.
For more information download the free WTVM Weather app or visit wtvm.com/weather.
Email us your storm-flooding pictures to email@example.com.
Click here to view a slideshow of flooding across West Georgia and East Alabama.
Copyright 2015 WTVM. All rights reserved.