COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Five people were arrested in Columbus on Saturday morning after officials found illegal substances worth $5,686 in the vehicle they were traveling in.
Anissa Terry, 21, James Jamal Brown, 27, Justin Hall, 19, Ali Shamdin, 29, and Chad Cook, 27, were arrested Saturday, July 2 at about 11 a.m. in the 3200 block of Macon Road.
Officials recovered the following evidence at the scene:
- A black bag with a card containing the name Jamal Brown
- 12 grams of heroin with a street value of $3,600 (located in the black bag)
- 7.6 grams of marijuana with a street value of $76 (2.2 grams were found on Brown)
- 1 Meperdine pill with a street value of $25 (located in center console in an unmarked container)
- 15 acetaminophens/propoxyphene with a street value of $375 (pill bottle in front passenger seat)
- 10.4 grams of cocaine with a street value of $1,040 (located in black bag)
- A digital scale, baggies, and needles
- 0.8 grams of heroin with a street value of $240 (located in Ali Shamdin’s right hand)
- 0.6 grams of heroin with a street value of $180 (located in Chad Cook’s left front pocket cigarette case)
- 0.5 grams of heroin with a street value of $150 (located in Justin Hall’s right sock)
They are charged with trafficking heroin, obstruction of an officer, possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related items and narcotic equipment, possession of cocaine, possession of substances with intent to use or convey such substances for the manufacture of Schedule II controlled substances, synthetic narcotic possession, inoperative or lack of brake lights, and having an open container.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for more information.