COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A Columbus business was destroyed in a fire on Wednesday.
Columbus Fire Marshal Ricky Shores says that calls to The House of Ma'at, located at 5402 15th Avenue, were made shortly after midnight on Wednesday.
Once on the scene, fire crews discovered heavy smoke and fire damage to two rooms. The cause of the fire is still to be determined, but Shores says the fire is not suspicious.
The estimated cost of damage to the building is $50,000 and the cost of damage to the equipment inside is also estimated at $50,000.
The House of Ma'at is a holistic wellness center that specializes in massage therapies and medicines.
A fundraising effort has already started to help the center be rebuilt. If you'd like to donate, click here.