COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The burn ban in Muscogee County has been lifted due to the sufficient rainfall in the area.
The ban was initially announced on Nov. 19 for the entire county due to the state's drought.
Citizens are encouraged to review the city's ordinance regarding Open Burnings and to always be responsible.
The city is reminding the public of the following:
- Bonfires require a permit
- Burning of yard waste debris is prohibited
- Burning of waste/trash is prohibited
- Land Management fires require a permit
- Any open burning fire shall be constantly attended until the fire is extinguished
- Portable outdoor fireplaces shall not be operated within 15 feet of a structure
- Open burning shall be prohibited when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fire hazardous