(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. Columbus-based Aflac is helping to lead the fight to find a cure for childhood cancer by holding their annual "holiday duck" fundraiser.
2. Local children got to have breakfast with Santa, all to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network and benefit kids getting treatment at the Children's Hospital at Midtown Medical Center.
3. Comedian Jeff Foxworthy recently helped a Georgia mother of three pay for groceries.
4. A Louisiana couple celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary by finally taking wedding photos - and it was all thanks to their granddaughter.
5. The Columbus Fire Association is spreading Christmas joy this season by donating 17 bikes to local families in need.
6. An Opelika High School football player was recognized for his volunteer work earlier this week.
7. Publix and the Columbus Habitat for Humanity surprised a Columbus family with a new home.
8. A Eufaula couple has been named the Alabama Natural Resources Conversation Service's 2017 Small Farmers of the Year.
9. An Atlanta toddler with Down syndrome is now modeling with children's clothing retailer OshKosh B'Gosh.
10. For more than 30 years, an Americus organization has spread holiday spirit to kids in need.
11. A Russell County woman is working to bring hope and help to those who lost everything in the Gatlinburg, TN fires.
12. Too cute! These Memphis, TN 3rd graders turned milk cartons into instruments for a competition.
13. The Signing Santa and Mrs. Claus visited several Columbus children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing and even delivered presents!
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.