(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. An Eagle Scout from Columbus is giving back to the community by helping out a local animal shelter.
2. A hair stylist received a $700 tip from a longtime client - just wait until you find out why.
3. St. Francis Hospital in Columbus has been named one of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care and one of America's Best Stroke Centers.
4. A young girl's dreams came true on her 6th birthday thanks to the kind folks at Target.
5. A woman with cerebral palsy found unexpected love at Tim Tebow's Night to Shine Prom in Columbus.
6. A crowdfunding campaign launched by Muslim activists has raised more than $50,000 to help repair headstones at a vandalized Jewish cemetery in a St. Louis suburb.
7. In their 2016 campaign, the United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley raised a little more than $7.1 million, the most ever for the organization!
8. A Michigan state trooper is grateful for the help of some good Samaritans who helped him out when a routine traffic stop took a bad turn.
9. An Ohio police officer went beyond the call of duty to help a 10-year-old child... who asked for help with a math problem.
10. A Texas woman hopes to be the first person with Down syndrome to finish the Austin Marathon, running 13.1 miles.
11. An Albany Zumba studio recently hosted a zumbathon to benefit families affected by the Jan. 2 wind storm and the Jan. 22 tornado.
12. A Walmart cashier helped a South Carolina family of 5 pay for their groceries.
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.