(WTVM) - Tax Day is extended this year to April 18, which gives taxpayers three additional days to file their returns.
Tax season is dreaded by some, however, the more you know about taxes, the easier the filing may be.
The personal-finance website, WalletHub, released its Tax Day 2017 By The Numbers report, which includes fun-filled facts and insights about tax season.
See highlights below:
- 92% - of all federal revenue is brought in by the IRS
- $0.35- Cost for the IRS to collect $100 in federal revenue
- 153M- Individual tax returns are expected to be filed in 2017
- $2,897- Average refund amount
- 90%- Of refunds are issued in 21 days or less
- 7 weeks- Time frame for a refund with a paper return
- 0.6%- Chance you will be audited
- 85%- Of attempted tax refund fraud was prevented by the IRS
For more tax information click here.