COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The Better Business Bureau always has ways to help you avoid becoming the victim of a scam.
Today, Kelvin Collins with the local BBB gives advice on avoiding scams and tips to reach your financial goals by budgeting and spending wisely.
Collins expands on the following tips and areas:
- Do not believe it just because you saw it on the internet
- Guard your personal information
- It’s not a prize if you have to pay to get it
- Do not purchase prepaid debit cards or wire-transfer money for someone that you do not know or who contacts you with an emergency need
- Do not fall for high-pressure sales tactics