(WTVM) - As cold weather sweeps through Georgia, many residents are seeing an increase in their energy bill.
Georgia Power is sharing tips on how customers can stay warm while saving energy and money.
Energy/Money Saving Tips:
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees or lower and maintain a consistent temperature in the house. Each additional degree has a substantial impact on energy costs.
- Maximize the efficiency of the unit by changing the filters once a month, or every three months for pleated filters
- Close the flue damper tightly, or leave cracked if it’s a standing pilot light when your fireplace is not in use.
- Keep heat where it belongs with proper insulation in attics and walls.
- Replace cracked or peeling caulk or weather stripping around doors and windows to save up to 10 percent on energy use.
Customers can find details and more energy saving tools and resources here.