Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus announces 2018-19 season concerts
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus is celebrating a milestone achievement of 25 seasons with its upcoming 2018-19 season.
"Everyone is thrilled that YOGC is celebrating this milestone of serving young musicians in the Chattahoochee Valley for a quarter of a century," says YOGC Executive Director Stephanie Payne. "The board and staff agreed that the absolute best way to celebrate is to partner and collaborate with other amazing local organizations."
These partnerships include Voices of the Valley, the Columbus Ballet, RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, Chattahoochee Valley Libraries, Carson McCullers Center for Writers and Musicians, the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, Wolf & Clover and Columbus State University.
Their 2018-19 concerts include:
- Oct. 30, 2018 – YOGC collaboration performance featuring Voices of the Valley and the Columbus Ballet in the Bill Heard Theatre at 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 13, 2018 – Whitewater Orchestra Festival from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Rainey-McCullers School of the Arts
- Jan. 12, 2019 – Side by Side with Columbus Symphony Orchestra in the Bill Heard Theatre at 7:30 p.m.
- Feb. 28, 2019 – Pops Concert dinner at St. Luke’s Ministry Center at 7:00 p.m.
- Apr. 30, 2019 – Maestro for a Moment concert in the Bill Heard Theatre at 7:30 p.m.
The final audition date for those still interested in joining YOGC is Monday, Aug. 13 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved.