5 regions in Georgia awarded grants to improve infrastructure
Millions of dollars in grants have been awarded for five infrastructure projects in the region.
The River Valley Regional Commission wrote five Community Development Block Grant applications in infrastructure funding for the city of Cuthbert, Richland, Stewart County, Randolph County, and Marion County.
The funding awards announced by Governor Nathan Deal will allow the communities to address critical infrastructure deficiencies.
The grants range from improving sewer systems, street, and drainage improvements.
The regions were awarded as follows:
- Cuthbert: $750,000 – sewer projects
- Richland: $750,000- sewer projects
- Stewart County: $750,000 street and drainage improvements
- Randolph County: $306,000 street and drainage improvements
- Marion County: $206, 000 street and drainage improvements
Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved.