Suspects Identified in Murder of Camp Hill Man

Published: Jun. 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM EDT|Updated: Nov. 18, 2008 at 9:59 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Click here to read Lindsey's bio.By
Lindsey Connell

WTVM News Reporter

June 3, 2008

CHAMBERS COUNTY, Al. (WTVM)-- New developments tonight in the case of a body found in Waverly, Alabama.

Nineteen-year-old Jonathan Askew, eighteen-year-old Michael Morris and a seventeen-year-old juvenile suspect have been arrested and charged with murder along with nineteen-year-old Frankie Bradford who has been arrested and charged with capitol murder in connection with the death of Timothy Heard.

Law enforcement officials say information from an outside source led to the arrest of four suspects.

The twenty-year-old's body was found by a property owner along a rural road in Chambers County last Wednesday.

His family had reported him missing the week before to Camp Hill Police, where he lived.

Heard's whereabouts between when he went missing to when his body was found are not yet known.

Police say Heard was shot multiple times.

"We do not believe that there was more than one individual who fired shots and we think we'll be able to pin-point which particular one that was by the time of trial. Of course, as accomplices, all of them can be guilty of the crime of murder without actually having fired shots," said E. Paul Jones, District Attorney for the 5th Circuit in Alabama.

Officials are not yet releasing photos of the suspects as they may be making more arrests in the case.

They say additional search warrants are going to be issued in the case and more interviews conducted by the Alabama Bureau of Investigations, who is in charge of the case.

"We suspect that there are some other people who had some input in the crime at the very least and possibly had some direct involvement in the crime and of course, it's an ongoing investigation and we'll continue to look into that aspect of it," Jones added.

All four suspects are being held in the Chambers County Jail.

Jones says they have made an initial appearance in front of a judge and are now in the process of being appointed lawyers and requesting preliminary hearings.

A preliminary autopsy report on Heard in expected in the next thirty days.

Stay tuned to WTVM for the latest in this case.